Tom Ford cancels Fall 2022 show
Following a wave of infections at his design studio in Los Angeles and recent shutdowns of his brand's Italian factories, Tom Ford said his collection will not be ready to show in New York as originally planned, on February 16.
“I am incredibly disappointed not to be able to present a show during New York Fashion Week as I feel strongly that a live presentation is the best way to convey a clear message for the season,” Ford said, in a statement.
“We have struggled internally over the past month with many of our staff out with Covid-19 in our design studio and atelier in Los Angeles as well as in our factories in Italy. We have tried everything possible to avoid canceling our New York show, but ultimately are faced with the sad fact that we will simply not have a completed collection in time for New York Fashion Week.”
With the show canceled, the designer will instead release images from the collection at a later date, which is still to be announced in the coming weeks.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA), which Tom Ford also chairs, released its official New York Fashion Week lineup for February, last month. Running from February 11 to February 16, the official calendar is still expected to welcome big-name brands like Anna Sui, Christian Siriano, Jason Wu, Michael Kors, and much more.
The CFDA said it was closely monitoring the Omicron variant and the impact it may have on its schedule.
Copyright © 2023 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.